Friday, May 6, 2011

Recover Lost Partitions With TestDisk

First always use Partition Magic under Windows XP, but now I used to manage hard drive using GParted (in PartedMagic or PuppyLinux - Thanks so much for Barry Kauler: "I have not found any other linux distro very mini, very useful, up to date , and directly barking, besides PuppyLinux ") to partition the new hard drive, resize partition that is narrow, and backup/copy partitions. 

Yesterday I accidentally deleted the partition that should not be deleted. Slightly panicked, too, because in it there is my wife's job data.
I am calm heart. Restart the computer, enter PartedMagic LiveCD. Go to the linux shell. Type "testdisk". When there is an option under vista, I select yes. Wait a few minutes. Write. Restart the computer and still blank ... What's wrong, huh? Furthermore, repeated again, but when there is an option under vista I select no. Wait a few minutes. Write. Restart the computer and Thanks God... Partition appear again. Thanks to Christophe Grenier.

Download iso PartedMagic or PuppyLinux, here

Please visit: 
cgsecurity
http://partedmagic.com/doku.php, 
http://puppylinux.org

No comments:

Post a Comment